Job Posting – Ecotourism, Sales & Marketing Coordinator
COME AND JOIN THE EVP FAMILY!
We are now seeking to fill the position of Ecotourism, Sales & Marketing Coordinator to further develop and promote awareness of our elephant sanctuary, ecotourism projects and the work of our NGO. The elephants are our biggest focus, but we need someone with sales and marketing skills to bring awareness to their plight and also profile the work we are doing to an international audience.
- Sales. The main focus of the job is sell the EVP product. The more income we can generate from our ecotourism program, the more funding we have for elephant and forest conservation! You will communicate with booking partners for the EVP and manage the bookings system. This includes answering booking emails, updating availability, schedules and working with the ground crew each day. You will also be in charge of maintaining relationships with key booking partners, developing new product and pitching new sales partners. This is 50% or more of the role and is office based – but you get to also visit the sanctuary on a regular basis and live in this amazing rural location.
- Marketing. On the marketing and communications side of things you will help to compile marketing collateral, website content and weekly social media content for both the EVP and the Hub. A keen eye and design flare will be beneficial.
- Elephants 🙂 As we have many groups of visitors, this position will also act as the back assistant at the sanctuary, where together with the local guide, you will take visitors and volunteers to view the elephants in the forests of EVP, providing an interpretive educational tour. You will also be asked to stay onsite at the sanctuary on a rotation basis, mingling with guests and volunteers and running night time activities.
- Ecotourism Centre. Pre-covid we used to run a Cafe and Responsible Tourism Centre in town, that unfortunately was a casualty of the pandemic with us having to close the doors in 2020. We hope that with the return of tourism, we can reopen the Hub in some form. This role will be instrumental in that re-development while also representing and promoting all ecotourism projects in the centre, managing the finances, supporting and training local staff on hospitality, sales and marketing, while also developing other local partnerships and facilitating centre events.
- Tourism/communications/sales management background
- Marketing and sales experience
- Hospitality experience
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organised and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- You will need to be a bubbly, outgoing and resourceful person who is ready to deal with all the questions that pop up daily from visitors, as you are the face of the EVP and other partner projects
- Passion for responsible/sustainable tourism
- Ability to live in a remote location
- Web design/graphic design
- Experience working in a cross cultural environment
We envisage this position to be for someone that has a strong interest in selling ecotourism and conservation, who wants a start in an organization working overseas in this field, and wants the chance to fall in love with elephants 🙂
The position will be based at the ELIE office in Sen Monorom, with some time spent at the EVP. We work a 6-day week from Sunday to Friday, but rotate regular long weekends off. You will also attend events and promote EVP to partners in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. Although this is a town based position, you will visit the EVP and elephants at the sanctuary regularly, as we all wear many hats here and sometimes need all hands on deck.
We are looking for someone to start ASAP
We Need your help.
Covid has impacted the whole world, but particularly the tourism industry. Prior to the pandemic our primary source of income was ecotourism, with which we funded the care of our 12 elephants, employed 60 people, supported the community and conservation programs. We need someone to come and join the team and help us get back to where we were. Help us build back better.
In our current situation, with guests just starting to return, we cannot offer much in the way of salaries. We could offer 50% of our normal salary for the first 6 months, roughly $250 per month, with the goal of getting back to full capacity by next year. Following this we would offer a local salary, $550 USD per month, which is enough to support yourself here in Mondulkiri. An initial commitment of 18 months is required; however, we would prefer a 2-year commitment.
If you are interested, or know someone who is, please email Jemma a cover letter and your resume ASAP:
Applications due ASAP